I've been keeping up with weighing, and don't ask me why, but I've saved all the calendars. For the most part I have weighed every day, with small periodic bouts of denial and of pretending the scale wasn't sitting there in the corner glaring at me. Hanging up the 2015 calendar the other day made me want to go back and look at how far I've come. Honestly, once I put the calendars away in my closet, I haven't glanced at them since. So, as I type this post, I will be looking at them for the first time and I will track some of the highlights- and low points. And some day soon, I'm going to gather up all my Weight Watchers' weigh-in books from over the years, for every time I started and stopped and started again- and record those here.
For now, here is what the calendar shows for the last few years:
- January 1st 2012- 222.6 pounds
- January 1st 2013- 226.8 pounds
- January 1st 2014- 205.2 pounds
- January 1st 2015- 211.8 pounds
- For 2012 it appears that my weight remained the same. I fluctuated the entire year between 220 and 215. Up and down but no real progress, and no pattern to attribute to the roller coaster ride. I was working full time that year, so no exercise, no Weight Watchers, no anything!
- In 2013, I spent the first few months in the low 220's. In May as soon as I stopped working and started going to WW, my weight dropped to the 215-210 range. June through August saw me around 205-195. Great progress! The end of the year saw me settle in around 205-200, after an October surgery slowed me down a bit.
- 2014 started off well. The holiday weight came off and by the end of January I was back at the 200-195 mark. My low came in February at 193. I stayed below 200 through early summer, but then I saw a steady creep the rest of the year. On a vacation in June, I started having terrible knee pain which plagued me for many months, and I pretty much stopped walking on the treadmill. During the fall I got back up to 215, went down about ten pounds, then added on a few more to finish off the year.
So I would rather be the 208 I am today than, say, the 227 I started off at in 2013. I am happy that once I started Weight Watchers in the spring of 2013, I haven't been back to revisit the 220's. I also hope that next time this month, I can still say I'm 208. Yes I know that sounds weird to hope for "no loss" but what I'm hoping for is "no gain" because next weekend James and I leave for a 15 day cruise. I plan to post one more time next week before I head off, to discuss strategies!
(Winding down 2014 sailing the Tennessee River)