Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today Is Another Day...


...And tomorrow will be too. And here is the beautiful sunrise this morning to prove it. Taking it one day at a time this week and not doing too badly. I guess my last post upset my dad and my husband. My dad sent me a very heartfelt and encouraging email, and my husband has started me on a month-long assignment to help my self-esteem issues. Sorry, I was whining and feeling sorry for myself. But I was just frustrated with myself and my lack of commitment or willpower or however you want to put it. It seems as though the only thing that is stopping me from losing weight is actually making the effort! I have all the right books and support system and exercise equipment. It is time for me to get my act together.

I am disappointed that I won't reach the goal weight I set for our vacation in two weeks, but on the other hand I'm happy that I found enough blouses and jeans that fit me at my current weight, and I am ready to pack and even more ready to GO. But, I have two more vacations coming up this year, and I am going to have- and keep- a good attitude and believe that I will move closer to goal before our trip to Florida in the summer, and then our cruise in October. James and I have taken five cruises now, and with every one I look back at the photos and instead of enjoying the stunning scenery or reliving the fantastic moments I just say "I'm so fat! I hate these pictures!" I am not going to let that happen this year, and I must must MUST take control of my life and move it in a positive direction.

No more whining, and no more excuses on this blog, I promise.

If anyone reading this has any firsthand information they can share with me about eating a gluten-free diet, I would be interested in hearing about it. I've been doing some research online about a long-time (and very very painful/annoying) skin condition I have, and a lot of stuff cropped up repeatedly about gluten allergies and intolerance. And seeing that I eat such a carb-laden diet, I can see where a gluten issue might concern me. Please, if you have any ideas or stories or info you want to share, I am listening!


Sandy

2 comments:

  1. "No more whining, and no more excuses on this blog, I promise."

    I won't hold you to that because sometimes every single one of us does that. It just gets to be old when EVERY post is full of negativity.

    My sister always rolls her eyes when I do this but I can't help it. I'm a public librarian and I can tell you that there are plenty of good celiac disease info books and gluten-free cookbooks on the shelf. Check it out and if you find ones you love, you can always buy a copy for yourself from the bookstore without worrying that it will be a waste when you get it home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, and I think negativity for me is tough to overcome-I am just wired to be a negative person. I know even those who love me the most will tell you that is true!! Attitude is 99% of losing weight, and I am just not there yet. I don't know what it will take.

    I did order a few books from Amazon last night, to check into gluten intolerance. I am curious to see what I find there!

    ReplyDelete