Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scaling Back

Well, still scaling back on the gluten, that is. And I can't say that so far I've seen any improvements with my skin ailments. However, I did commit to go gluten free for at least one month, and I'm not going to give up so soon, after less than two weeks. It has certainly NOT hurt me at all to give up the processed snacks and junk food, even if I'm still itching and scratching away.

But I will be upgrading my actual scale very soon. The scale we've been using for the last few years met with an unfortunate accident over the weekend- no I didn't get mad at it and drop kick it. So this weekend I will be scale shopping. I have been looking at a few models online. I know that scales now have some really cool features, almost like mini computers, where they can record and save all your weigh-ins and even (supposedly) calculate body fat. I'm not sure I need all of those extras- I don't have a problem with weighing and recording it on my calendar by hand. Well, I have a problem with the results, but no scale on the market is going to just show me what I want it to, without me doing the hard work to earn it.

I am happy to report that before my scale bit the dust, I had already lost the few pesky vacation pounds I brought home with me. I give credit to giving up the snacks, because that's the only thing that has changed with me lately. With my ongoing leg muscle issues, I still struggle to get any exercise in. I look forward to the day when that will no longer be a reason (or excuse) for me to be able to get on the treadmill every single day! The time change and warmer weather lately has encouraged James and I to play basketball in the evenings after work. James more than me, but I stink at it anyhow. But, even so, I get more exercise chasing the ball after all my missed shots than I do standing in one spot shooting!

Catch up with you all soon!

(137.5- right! Not any time soon! And not for the last 20 years!!!)

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Wow I looked the the scale before I read your Blog....I said "you go girl"

    ReplyDelete