Saturday, March 17, 2012

Challenge Week Two

Our team had its first weigh in this week, and combined we lost 20 pounds. Not too bad! James and I both have been working hard and making the challenge a priority. I am very pleased with my progress, and if I keep it up, I feel that by the time the contest is over at the end of April, I might even reach my long-denied goal of getting under 200 pounds. I haven't been there since we got married, and it's been the carrot dangling just out of reach all this time.

It got warm here fast and early- after a mild winter we have jumped straight to the 80's with everything blooming. With the time change, James and I have been able to enjoy more outdoor activities on weeknights- including walks at the park and in our neighborhood, and playing basketball. I am hoping that if I drop another few pounds I will be able to tackle hiking again soon, something I used to love to do when I lived in the Carolinas. I've only been once or twice since living in Georgia, I just don't have the stamina at my weight. A nice hike is a goal for this summer.

For the upcoming week I plan to continue with walking and cutting back on how much I eat. We've both been eating a lot more vegetables now, and we've been having salad night for dinner at least 3 times a week. We don't get to see the weigh in results for our competition, but I think 20 pounds for week one is pretty darn good!

SANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment