Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hello Again!

Wow it has been a super long time since I was on here.  A whole year, that is crazy.  I wanted to get the blog started back up again, because I'm at a crossroads in my life.  Due to a recent hospital scare that revealed stroke level blood pressure (260/170), my husband and I made the decision that I would step away from my current job and stay at home.

My weight has pretty much stayed at a steady 220-225 for so long now, it's ridiculous.  But a life filled with spending my days behind a desk, letting fatigue be my excuse for not exercising and cooking right, has led me here.  Or rather, I've led me here.  My choices, my decisions.

On Wednesday I will go back to my old friend Weight Watchers, and step through the doors for the first meeting in a very long time.  My old leader Marci is still there.  I have one more week of working full time, then I will be devoting all my energy and efforts into my new job- losing weight and taking care of myself and learning to cook healthy for both of us.

I will be 47 this year, and I think about how quickly my fifties will be hereMy health grows worse with every passing year- more aches and pains, less energy, more chronic ailments.  Obviously I need to make drastic changes in my lifestyle NOW, because the way I'm "living" seems to only be contributing to an earlier death.

I will spend the next week or so cleaning up this blog- updating stats, going through the old blogs I used to read, and setting this up on a new template.  I am happy to be back!!  And I promise to get my other old blog rolling again as soon as I can!

SANDY  

Florida- March 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment