Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Excited


I am always super excited when I first start a new project- who isn't?  It's the anticipation of things to come, the getting organized, all the great ideas in my head.  And so yesterday, after my first Weight Watchers meeting since last year, I came home excited about it.  My meeting location moved to a new venue, and although the store was smaller, it was decorated to the hilt.  And crowded!  My old Saturday meetings were always busy, and I sort of expected a meeting in the middle of the week to be slower.  But it was standing room only.

My new leader was very dynamic, and I could tell she was passionate.  And WW has upgraded- gone were the poster boards with handwritten notes and giant stickers that they've used for years.  Now it's a huge flat screen TV with a Power Point presentation!  And instead of the old sliding charts for exercise, now they have this cool gadget you wear that records your every movement and can be plugged right into your computer to track everything for you.  I didn't buy one of those, but I might, I haven't decided yet.  I confess, it was mostly seniors in my meeting, but it was a lively group.

I bought all the new materials and brought them home, and here they are right on the kitchen counter, so I can't miss them or "forget" them.  I've always kept my WW materials in some sort of notebook or tote, out of sight, something easily portable but not very accessible when I'm at home.  I know I don't have to drag off all my literature to the meetings every week like I've always done.  So why not make them a prominent focus, and in an area where they can't be ignored.

I know I will struggle, I always have.  And I will have ups and downs, like everyone.  But I hope this time, with my new schedule and my energy devoted completely to my health- I predict I will get to One-derland sometime in June!  My goal, and I'm sticking to it!

SANDY

1 comment: