Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yes I'm Still Here

Do I look confused in this photo from last weekend? Well, I should, because this look on my face is exactly how I feel about my weight loss efforts lately. I have been avoiding this blog like I've been avoiding the scale in my bathroom. But, I did weigh today, for the first time in oh, maybe a month. It wasn't as horrible as I anticipated, but it wasn't a number I really wanted to see either. I knew I had gained weight over the holidays, because of how my clothes have been fitting these days. I started this blog because I wanted to get serious about my weight loss and I wanted another tool to help me focus on it. I read so many other weight loss blogs where folks post their daily successes and struggles, and I was hoping to do the same. I knew once I stopped going to my Weight Watchers meetings, this gain was likely to happen. This has been my pattern in the past- as long as I go to meetings, I keep losing weight. As soon as I stop going, I slowly start to let the pounds creep right back on. I miss my Friday morning meetings, and I especially miss my enthusiastic and inspirational leader Marci. I did check online this morning, and found that although she doesn't do Saturday mornings at the old location (which was an actual WW center), she does do Saturdays at a different location (and a Thursday night one), at a church nearby. James and I are done with vacations and out of town weekend trips for awhile, and right now it's free to join back up with WW. I have to seriously consider this as an option. Hopefully I will have some good news to report soon, so that I can get back on here and get dedicated and focused on this area of my life!

Sandy

2 comments:

  1. glad your back and ready to get going again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back too! Getting back on the scale in these situations can be tough, I know, but you did it, and it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I read somewhere that the greater the number of attempts at something like weight loss, the higher the probability of eventual success. I am sure that you will reach your goal in time.

    ReplyDelete