Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Inching Along


Well I am making progress, but it is still slow going. I am not going to give up, however, and I will take every little ounce of weight loss. I vow here on this post, that this is really really going to be the time I finally do it. It may take awhile, but heck, where exactly am I going? What else is there to do, but keep on keepin' on. I am having missteps along the route, but that was to be expected. I used to follow a blog, where the writer proclaimed that once he started losing weight, he never never ever had a gain at any of his weigh-ins, and he said everyone could do it (but then ticked me off when he said people who did have gains were not trying hard enough and were making excuses). Well, I do have an excuse- it's called life!! And hopefully, if you are reading this, you are alive and enjoying yours!

I still occasionally want a real Coke and not a diet, and I still don't always order a salad when we go out to eat, and I still come home pathetically exhausted and skip the treadmill, we do go out of town and I miss a Weight Watchers meeting. It happens, it's going to continue to happen, but I'm not going to let it happen enough that it totally derails me.

At the start of the year, I decided to try weighing every morning. I know, you really aren't supposed to, I've read articles that say it can get you obsessed with the numbers. But, I also read an article that said, people who weigh every day, don't have as many gains because they are more aware. I bought a nice calendar and put it on the back of the bathroom door, next to my scales. I weigh at the same time every morning. I make notes about what I did that day- did I eat lunch out, did I not exercise. I found that in the past, when I weighed myself once a week, I would be shocked on the weeks where I had a gain, and would try to figure out where it came from. Now, I can see it happening daily, and it really has made me focus more.

I keep track of the goals I've made for myself, and made notes at the bottom of the page for "monthly" goals- not all are weight-related. I track my five-pound milestones, where I reward myself with another charm on my bracelet (I go ahead and buy the next one, and keep it pinned up on a board in my closet so I can see what I will treat myself to).

So far, so good on my wagon ride this go round. Yee Hah!

SANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment