Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

I did sort of good over the holidays, but not as great as I had hoped for. Then again, I didn't work as hard at it as I should have. Although from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I lost a few pounds- from Christmas through New Years I found them again! It was too hard at Christmas to not enjoy my mom's cooking while my parents were visiting. Then a week of leftovers were too convenient while I was working 12+ hour days. New Years was a three day celebration in downtown Atlanta that included lots of really great meals out.

With the new year, comes a clean slate, and like millions of others I'm ready to get back to program. I've missed the last three Weight Watchers meetings, and will miss next week's as well. Then right away in February I'll miss two more meetings when we go on vacation. I've got to realize that staying on program is an every day, every meal decision. It should have nothing to do with whether or not I'm going to make it to weigh in at the meeting that week. I am tired of going up and down on the scales. I know that December is the most trying month at my job, demanding extra extra long days, but it's over and I hope that January will bring a little relief and more time at home to take care of myself.

I'm happy with the weight I lost in 2011, and grateful that I made the effort to keep it off over the holidays. I've got a long road ahead of me, and for me it will take a great deal of dedication to continue. From using my time wisely for exercise, to organizing my points/meals, and keeping my focus on my goals instead of my distractions.

SANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment