Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Holidays Start...

I didn't do as poorly on our trip to Atlantic City as I feared. Eating out, I had entree salads quite a bit, and as I predicted it did not lessen my enjoyment of our vacation. I did have a few too many snacks here and there, especially once we discovered the gigantic gourmet cupcakes at one of the hotel's bars. Yikes. I only indulged twice- they were so big and so good, I could have easily eaten one for all three meals every day. We did a lot of walking on this trip, climbed a lighthouse, walked the boardwalk, strolled all over an aquarium, even toured an entire battleship. So I don't feel as though I skimped on exercise.

I came back with an extra two pounds, but that was easy enough to shed. Yesterday we had the big company luncheon for Thanksgiving, and I only had a salad again. I sat at the table with all my co-workers, and we talked and visited and I didn't mind that they were eating mac and cheese and mashed potatoes in front of me. In fact, I enjoyed my salad so much I barely noticed what they had on their plates.

Starting tomorrow we're visiting family from Thursday through Sunday, in Tennessee and then the Georgia Mtns, so another four days of meals out. Where I have control over my choices, I will eat what is healthiest. When I am staring at the family smorgasbord, I'll enjoy it by limiting portions. Hopefully I'll get a walk or two in over the weekend.

I haven't been to Weight Watchers the last two weeks, and I will miss again this weekend. The month of December I plan to put my nose to the grindstone with my weight loss efforts, and get through the rest of the season without any kind of gain. As soon as we get back from our Thanksgiving visits, I will hit the grocery store to stock up on "salad fixins" and plenty of fresh produce. I will end the holidays 2011 wearing the same size pants I started off in!


SANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment