Friday, October 2, 2009

I Didn't Chicken Out



So here I was this morning, sitting in my car outside of Weight Watchers. I got there ten minutes early, so I had plenty of time to reflect on the deeper reasons of why I was there and why I needed to be there. I decided that since I drove 30 miles to get to the meeting, it would be a waste to not weigh. I was surprised and shocked. Only a 1.4 lb gain. I guess getting back on the right track earlier in the week paid off. It was all the encouragement that I needed. I was dreading weigh-in for no good reason whatsoever. My previous meeting a month ago, I had a 1.4 lb loss. So, I feel as though I am back at a great starting point, and I'm wiping the slate clean and giving myself the second chance that I need. In the past, I would have just given up, and maybe when January of the next year rolled around, I would slink back into a meeting. I've still got a whole quarter of a year left! So instead of spending the holiday season on the sidelines in 2009, just passively waiting for the year to end and New Year's Resolutions to begin, I'm instead going to set myself up with a goal of losing at least another ten pounds before 2010 gets here!

Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Yay Sandy! I'm glad that you bit the bullet and weighed in - and woohoo for such a small gain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you! You are much closer to 'one-derland' than you thought. I love the photo, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, "reflecting", get it?? har har har

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! It was exactly a year ago today that I joined WW! I was so happy that I had started BEFORE the holidays so that when they did arrive, I was prepared and had already had about 20 pounds lost. I didn't want to mess up my momentum, so I stayed true to the plan! Giving yourself a clean slate and moving forward is such a positive step! Keep up the great attitude!!! :)

    ReplyDelete