Thursday, November 10, 2011

All Is Well

I had a slight slip up this week, but nothing I am going to beat myself up about. It was more like I made decisions based on my old behavior, instead of reframing the situation so that I made the right decisions. One night this week found James and I out late, running errands before we could even get home from work. We stopped for dinner at the one place that was conveniently located near all of our stops- my old foe China Buffet. I have avoided this place for many many months now. I don't particularly care for buffets to begin with, because I think most of them lack quality food, so we don't usually go to them. For me, a Chinese buffet is even more dangerous than any of the others.

Although I only got one plate- and I was happy to see they had new, smaller plates now- everything I brought back to the table was fried. I could have made wise choices there- steamed veggies, chicken without gobs of sauce, fresh fruit instead of fried doughnuts. I'm unhappy that I did not even look at the healthier options, and instead fell back on my old favorites that were greasy and fried and dripping with sauce. I know one meal out is not going to derail me, but to continue to repeat this cycle of eating out poorly, is what got me to the weight I am now. I don't want to sit there next time and just drink water- I want to be able to enjoy the meal, without the million fat grams and, even heavier, the guilt.

We leave for our trip tomorrow, and I'm going to try to not feel so much anxiety over "gaining weight" yet I don't want to give myself permission to completely fall off the wagon just because it's vacation! Instead I'm going to try and look at this as an opportunity to give serious thought to my food choices BEFORE they end up on my plate.


SANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment