Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Digging Deep

This is the time of year where I'm going to have to dig deep and get through all the rough patches. There are so many distractions right now that could easily derail me from my progress, but I am trying my best to stay focused on my GOAL. There are certainly the approaching holidays, which we will all have to deal with- James and I go away for Thanksgiving, and host my parents for Christmas (mom's cooking!), and a birthday bash weekend for me on New Year's. We also have a vacation scheduled in two weeks (five days in Atlantic City!!), and it's always SO hard not to indulge when we're out of town. Even quick weekend trips here and there add up. I've never been one to pack my carrot sticks to take in the car with me- although I probably should be.

I usually start to go astray at this point on Weight Watchers. I'm not near a computer to track my points faithfully, I miss meetings and the all-important weigh-ins because I'm gone on weekends, and I fall out of the routine of getting on the treadmill every day. But this year I don't want to completely get lost during the shuffle of the holidays. I don't want to gain the typical holiday pounds. I don't want to go crawling back into my meetings sometime in mid-January and my leader not remember who I am. I don't want to have to dust off my exercise equipment in the basement before I use it again.

I have a quote on my desk at work: Good habits result from resisting temptation. I will not be tempted to overeat at holiday gatherings and parties. I will not be tempted to collapse on the couch every evening after work instead of exercising. I will not be tempted to gain "just a few pounds" because it's Thanksgiving.

I am proud of the weight I've lost these last few months, and I want to do everything I can to keep pushing forward and not slide backwards. I know everyone who is trying to lose or maintain their weight, has the same battles this time of the year. And this holiday season, I want to win the whole war!


SANDY

1 comment:

  1. We will help with the proper food being cooked. I will make my infamus sausage gravey before you arrive. And we will slow our going out to eat at Christmas. I need to do that also as I need to trim up a little myself. Keep up the good attitude it will pay off better than the CD maket..ha Love ya Dad

    ReplyDelete