Friday, November 4, 2011

Size Does Matter!

So I confess, I did have one of those startling moments that kicked my butt into gear as far as getting this weight off. And that would be the clothes in my closet! Now that the weather has cooled off, I saw that my long-sleeve shirts from last winter are all 2X, and I've been in a 3X for awhile now. Despite the fact that I love to go shopping, I realized that I did not want to have to go buy a whole new winter wardrobe because I can't fit into last year's items. I already did that once this year- in the spring I had to go buy all new (bigger) clothes for this summer. I've got plenty of clothes in my closet- from sizes regular large up to 3X, and I would really rather concentrate on fitting into what I already own. It's nice to go clothes shopping because you want to, but it sucks to go because you MUST.

I had another good loss this week- 2 more pounds- and I wasn't sure that it would happen. I did a terrible job of tracking my points and we were out of town last weekend. Weekends always set me back- we go out a lot and although I am doing a lot better on making choices at restaurants, I still sometimes slip up. But I'm not going to beat myself up over it this time. My goal is to keep a steady loss of one to two pounds a week, but I know there will be weeks when it doesn't happen. In the past, I've always gotten discouraged about a gain. I can't let it get into my head this time.

At Weight Watchers this week, our topic of conversation was closely related to that. A lot of people- including me- let one week of gaining set them back both mentally and diet-wise. I have certainly done that before- on weeks where I thought (or knew) I would have a gain, I would decide not to go to my meeting. Then I would just tell myself, since I'm not weighing in this week I might as well just relax the diet and enjoy. That is a trap I can't let myself fall into this time. I'll be 45 next month. I do not want to enter my next decade of life heavy and unhealthy and tired.

Challenge for this week is our upcoming vacation next weekend. I have to remind myself that visiting another city is NOT license to eat whatever I want and however much of it I can inhale! Will I really enjoy Atlantic City any less because at lunch I have a salad with light dressing, instead of a huge bacon cheeseburger?? I should hope not!

SANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment