Saturday, January 1, 2011

Let's Get 2011 Rolling



If you've been looking for me, the photo above is the reason you haven't seen me in awhile. My work schedule has left little time for me to do anything but spend 12 hour days in the office, and try to get sleep. Oh yes, and lots of junk food and sodas in between to keep me going. I've gained so much weight the last few months and I'm so big, I've made jokes about when my twins are due (hint- I'm NOT pregnant). I have lots of excuses- besides 55 hour work weeks, there was the severely sprained ankle, my lower back problems, and continued travel almost every weekend. I haven't exercised, I haven't eaten right, and I obviously haven't blogged.

So I'm going to try to start off the New Year in a better frame of mind. I made no resolutions yesterday- the day I turned 44. Heck, I didn't even make it to midnight- we zonked out at 11:30pm. But James and I have made the commitment to each other to start aiming for healthier goals. We got a Wii for Christmas, and yesterday for my birthday we got the Wii Fit. James has been playing for hours every day since Christmas. I have just started out recently. But it's SO much fun, we plan to replace our evening TV time with the Wii. James is ultra-competitive, and I just like to have fun and spend time with him.

We've set up an area in the basement for the Wii, all of our workout equipment, our weights, everything we own- even my really old and dusty step aerobics setup. James has already braved the Wii fit and stepped on the "scales". I have yet to do so, but I know what it's going to show me. I weighed last week for the first time in over a month, and it was shock to see the number. Yet, not so surprising since I'm about to bust out of my clothes.

Also for Christmas, my wonderful husband gave me a netbook, so now I have no excuses for not blogging, I can do it anytime, anywhere. I want to come back to this blog, and finally use it for the reasons I initially I started it- to document my weight loss. Unfortunately, the only thing I've done on this blog is whine and apologize and make promises, and that's just boring BS at this point. Please stick with me yet again, while James and I both commit to turn over a new page in this giant book that is Life!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment