Sunday, January 9, 2011

Looking For Inspiration

I'm here alone for awhile this morning. Our company got on the road home a bit ago, and James went out to take care of some car maintenance for my Saturn. I worked yesterday, so I'm a bit of a slug this morning- coffee, the paper, breakfast. We are expecting snow to start later today, last through all Monday and perhaps even Tuesday. But snow in the South isn't much compared to the rest of the country (see below, Christmas Day). For us, one inch is something to get the population stirred up about. Not to mention the dreaded black ice.

But this morning, it is bright and sunny and clear, if only 22 degrees. The critters are active in the backyard at all our many feed stations- birds, squirrels, deer, possum- there's something out there for everyone. Everyone is fattening up for the winter, and I guess I am too. I had my too-typical breakfast this morning, a bagel with cream cheese. It's a habit I most definitely want to break. I love bagels, and we keep buying them, but after the current stash is gone I'm going to have to put a ban on bagels- they are too tempting to me. I've never been much for breakfast staples like bacon and eggs, or sausage and gravy. For me, it's the bagel that is my worst breakfast-enemy.

Still, that wasn't going to be the topic of my post this morning. Since getting back on my blog, I've been checking up on all the old blogs I used to read. I've noticed a lot of them are either shut down, or folks haven't posted for many many months. I know on my own blog, I've posted sporadically, so someone could have easily decided that I was not on here any longer. So I decided to try to trim down my blog roll, and to update it. I'm deleting the blogs that are closed, and I am hoping to find new blogs for inspiration. I know I don't have many followers on either of my blogs, and that's okay. I don't get a lot of comments, but I rarely leave comments. And I know that if I'm not out there on other folks' blog, no one will know I'm over here. Unfortunately, I am so limited with my free time, I am not able to spend a great deal of it leaving comments, even when I do read their blog. And when I'm trying to find new blogs, the only way I know how to look for them is to go on other blogs and just check out who is following them.

I do like reading where other people are going on their own weight loss journey. Most of the time, I can relate. I can relate to the struggles, and I am a sucker for a great success story. I like knowing that there are a lot of other people in this world, who are exactly at the same spot in life that I am, who fight against their ever-expanding waistline, who stumble but get back up, who keep going, and who finally get to that place where we are all hoping to be one day. Most of the days, I do not succeed, but for 2011 I have decided to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time, and try to be happy no matter the outcome. So I'm on the hunt for new blogs to inspire me, and if you are reading me, please let me know and I will be sure to read your blog as well. Thanks!

Sandy


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Sandy! I noticed you on my page today and thought I'd come over and check yours out. I'm one of those that stared out strong, was the inspiration for others, and then somewhere along the way lost it all (and I don't mean weight - LOL). I gained back a lot of what I worked so hard to get off. I'm trying to change my attitude of all or nothing.... making small changes CONSISTENTLY. A very good friend of mine has a great blog that she's doing. She started out after me, but has certainly surpassed me. I'm so proud of her. Anyway, her name is Cheryl and her blog is at http://journeytoward100.blogspot.com/. Check her out! And, best of luck to you (to us)! We can do this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that your mom and I read your Blog. "You go girl, you can do what ever you want to do" Always have and always will....the Gallo way ! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim, I will definitely check out the blog!

    ReplyDelete